Saturday, September 29, 2007

I Love Trail Running...

I ran 26 miles on the trails in Rock Creek Park map today. I felt pretty good. I had a lot left. If I had more fluids and fuel I could have gone further if I needed to. I was breaking in a new pair of Montrail Vitesse for the JFK. My feet were happy.

I talked to Scott on the phone when I was about 3 hours into the run. He was getting ready for his 50 Miles for Michelle. I was hoping to run it with him but we couldn't work it out. He and Michelle have been and will be on my mind throughout the day and night. Good luck Scott and Happy Birthday!!

2 comments:

Scott McMurtrey said...

hope running is going well this week. my shin is feeling pretty okay, so i'm excited about that.

man on the run... said...

You should be just fine for Portland. It will be so much better and more fun than running around in circles in the middle of a cold night. Plus you will be rewarded for doing such a good deed. "You will run and not be weary and walk (run) and not faint". Good luck.