Thursday, August 16, 2007

In My Mind I'm Going to Carolina

AJ and I drove to Lisa's yesterday. 8 hours! We listened to Pearl Jam (mine), Slipnot and Avenged Sevenfold (AJ's) and The Beatles (any guesses). Reminds me of the time I drove across country with my Dad when I was still a teenager. We listened to Beethoven (Dad's) and The Beatles (mine). He said he actually liked The Beatles if he didn't have to look at them :)



I had a good 9 mile run in Mauldin before we headed up to Charlotte to visit Melanie, Mike and little Zoe.

7 comments:

Travis and Lisa said...

It took about five minutes to dig out the key.

I didn't realize you ran that far this morning. Did you turn left or right at Butler?

And what was the name of the road in Charlotte that I couldn't remember?

man on the run... said...

Sorry about the key. At least no one else found it :)

I turned left at Butler and then went to the railroad track and turned right. Then I came back by a park. Very fun!

I think the road was Morehead.

Scott McMurtrey said...

where are you going in your body?

Alan said...

Where am I going in my body? Not Carolina. Perhaps another State. Confusion??

Scott McMurtrey said...

nice miles this week. want to come run the 50k with me next month? (seriously)

man on the run... said...

I'd love to run the 50k with you, but I don't see how I can pull it off...

~concrete angel~ said...

That's nice you and your son had an enjoyable trip :)

In regards to XC -- I'm not sure in what capacity you coached before, but lots of teams are up for helpers or non-official assistant coaches. This is what I do...a combination of running w/ the kids and giving some running advice (and making their website). It's not paid, but the good thing is that you get all the fun parts about coaching w/o having to be there every day (in my case I can't b/c of work travel or late meetings), and do the red tape permission-slip gathering and stuff like that. Just a thought, since you said you missed it! You're right though...it is pretty awesome :)