Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Thursday Run Through History...

From our apartment (in the shadows of the Nations Capitol) I began running down G Street to the Anacostia River Trail near the Titanic Memorial. I turned right on the trail and ran past the Fish Market on towards the Jefferson Memorial. Then with the Washington Monument looking down on me I ran around the Tidal Basin to the Potomac River past the steps to the rear of the Lincoln Memorial. From there running along the Potomac I ran past the beautiful Kennedy Center for the Arts and then past the infamous Watergate Hotel. Then past the Washington Waterfront shops. Across the river I could see the Teddy Roosevelt Island. I continued along the waterfront to Georgetown. I finally arrived at the trail head to the famous C&O Canal Historic National Park. From there I returned home the same way.

6 comments:

Jen said...

This was my favorite part of DC...just being surrounded by so many historic places.

I think DC truly is a runner's heaven.

Scott McMurtrey said...

never heard of any of that... which city are you in again?

man on the run... said...

I'm not sure what city this is. This is just where the bus dropped me off...

man on the run... said...

By the way Scott, why do your shoes look so much faster than mine??

Scott McMurtrey said...

i used a zoom lense, which i guess makes the shoes look like they're zooming by...

Travis and Lisa said...

Your historical run sounded quite poetic.